[GNC-dev] GnuCash 3.3 Released

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 7 06:06:43 EDT 2018

On 01/10/2018 15:43, Christopher Lam wrote:
> No it's stalled because I cannot figure out equity
> unrealized/realized/trading gains at all. I have no reliable guidance to
> create equity section reliably.
>
> If the equity section is ignored, and only the asset/liability sections
> used, then the report could be inserted into an 'experimental' menu.

Realized / unrealized / gains / losses are tax stuff.

Inn general terms gnc doesn't to tax stuff.

So ... don't go there as you will become prey to one countries weird tax
laws versus another and then find yourself chasing local tax laws (North
American differences get very weird).

Write the report "as found" and leave the implications to others is my
advice, it has served well for very broad reports like the eguile
balance sheet [1]

In particular don't double guess the trading accounts, they've proven
resilient so far, you can pull time from and time to out of it but
showing them this way or that to get them to fit into a tax report
probably won't work because they were written by someone that wasn't
working to a nation's dumb tax regime.

[1] if the trial balance reports don't work try the BS, folks, they're
less flaky

--
Wm
I don't think I can visit the USA soon, just too much hate