[GNC-dev] Issues building in ubuntu Bionic Beaver

Nathaniel Groendyk ngroendyk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 23:53:10 EDT 2018

Hi Team,

I was trying to build gnuCash and came across a bug in libwebkit.
(It errors that it cant find jsc.h in a #include.)

Eitherway, I left notes on the general IRC channel about it, but thought
perhaps I should email you guys as well. I know its not a gnuCash bug, but
definately a build issue. The steps for anyone building from src in
ubuntu-bionic would be to downgrade their libwebkit stuff as follows:

sudo apt-get install libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev=2.20.1-1 libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37=
2.20.1-1 gir1.2-webkit2-4.0=2.20.1-1 libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0-dev=2.20.1-1
gir1.2-javascriptcoregtk-4.0=2.20.1-1 libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0-18=2.20.1-1

 as per bug-link:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webkit2gtk/+bug/1795901

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Also FYI, I wanted to intro myself. My name is Nate. I'm a software dever
and am looking to get involved with developing gnucash. I saw in your long
term plans you want to move to C++ and more boost deps. I have experience
moving C to C++, I do that lots in my current job. Also deal with writing
code around SQL stuff for locking and whatnot. I'd love to hear what you
guys need help with.

Thanks
Nate