[GNC-dev] Gtk and themes

cicko alen.siljak at gmx.com
Fri Oct 19 10:38:50 EDT 2018

Geert Janssens-4 wrote
>> Well, I'm fairly confident that it is exactly the opposite. Just looking
>> at
>> trends in mobile apps tells me that clearly the users want to customize
>> the
>> apps to their preferences, mostly visual, rather than to have "more,
>> better
>> app" (whatever that means).
>
> Interestingly I'm not aware of visual styling customizations in any of the
> mobile apps I use. They all seem to use the system's theme(s). I don't
> find
> options anywhere related to, hmm, I'd like a different font for this menu
> item
> or hide the label for that button, and oh, can the spacing between these
> two
> fields be reduced a bit ?

Right. But choosing a different theme is a kind of visual customization, no?
Not to mention the icon packs, custom emojis, and what not. That, of course,
depends on the apps you use but I'm talking about a huge deal where I read
"visually pleasing" and "easy customization" in the description and move on.

Geert Janssens-4 wrote
> The point I wanted to make by posting this article is really this:

I think I get your point and actually agree with it, along with the point
the guy was making in that article. But I'm a developer and I've noticed
that my view is quite different to that of an average user.

My point, on the other hand, would be - the users want customizations and
that won't change anytime soon. And you can confirm that simply by
considering the amount of questions on this list referring to fonts,
spacing, colors, sizes, icons, etc.
Unfortunately.

--
Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-Dev-f1435356.html