[GNC-dev] Long Term Documentation Directions

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Sep 10 07:58:20 EDT 2018

Op maandag 10 september 2018 13:51:28 CEST schreef Christopher Lam:
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 at 19:31, David Cousens <davidcousens at bigpond.com>
>
> wrote:
> > One problem I see for Unix is that at present there doesn't appear to be a
> > help viewer in Unix that has support for context level help. Doc books can
> > obviously support defining links that can be accessed from help buttons or
> > key based popup help but as far as I could see yelp has no mechanism for
> > linking to them.
>
> Is there any merit to the idea of launching documentation and
> context-sensitive help as a libwebkit tab?

That is indeed what John and I have been thinking about longer term. I should
have mentioned it. Of course we'd have to provide some sensible navigation
options for the user (index, back/forward buttons). And no external links
opened directly in gnucash (that would open the door for all kinds of security
issues).

Geert