[GNC-dev] Long Term Documentation Directions

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 16:33:38 EDT 2018

Am 10.09.2018 um 00:32 schrieb D:
> Frank,
>
> You raise significant points about the effect that this might have on translations.
>
> How would it be if these changes occurred in the course of a piecemeal approach? In other words, if I or someone else were to essentially remove the text from one document, put it in the other, and add new text at the first, would that be better?

YES, and adding comments of the form
<!-- Translators: {Rework of|Moved from}
{Help|Guide}/<filename>:<Section ID> -->
would IMHO be very helpful.

Background:
At least I use 2 kdiff3 like editor windows. In the first displaying the
changes in C since our last translation edits. In the 2., comparing the
current english with the current german version the real work happens.
The section Ids do the synchronisation in both windows.

> David

Frank