[GNC-dev] Long Term Documentation Directions

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Sep 11 03:01:27 EDT 2018

Op dinsdag 11 september 2018 06:03:28 CEST schreef David Cousens:
> This link (http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Db5Tools.html) provides the
> mechanism for linking between different docbooks. It would probably a good
> idea to mark any  docbook links with a do not delete message for example. so
> that editors are aware they may break any linked structure,

I know you can define these links in docbook. However my remark earlier in
this thread is how will they work in practice ? How can one document on the
system know where the other is stored ? I presume this means we should have
strict rules about the relative locations of documents. And those should be
communicated properly to gnucash-documentation packagers for various
distributions. And how would those cross-references appear in our PDF/epub/
mobi versions of the documentation ?

So while I suppose this can all be solved, it will come with a few challenges
on its own and requires coordination outside the gnucash project.

> I am willing to help with the task of reorganizing the above if the decision
> is made to go ahead.

Yay!

Geert