[GNC-dev] Documentation Build Oddity

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 10:38:22 EDT 2018

> On Sep 14, 2018, at 10:28 AM, Frank H. Ellenberger <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Am 14.09.18 um 15:57 schrieb David T. via gnucash-devel:
>> For fullest consistency, I would opt to have each of the formats placed in their own folder, named for tehir format:
>>
>> epub *
>> html
>> mobi *
>> pdf *
>
> *: Why do you want to create a directory for one file?

“For fullest consistency”: if you’re going to put one format into a folder, put every one in a folder.

>> (adding "gnucash-guide” is redundant, since the folder hierarchy already separates help from guide)
>
> But both end on https://code.gnucash.org/docs/C/.
> ISTR we had to name the xmls <App>-<DocType> for yelp and naming them
> different depending on their output format would complicate the make files.

My build folder hierarchy is:

build
  \guide
    \C
    \de
[etc.]
  \help
    \C
    \de
[etc.]

IOW, the guide and help have separate hierarchies in build. I have no connection to code.gnucash.org, and have no knowledge as to how the information is stored there. ISTM that the structures of build environments should be consistent across systems.