[GNC-dev] How to contribute to GnuCash?

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Apr 27 01:55:35 EDT 2019

Op zaterdag 27 april 2019 01:01:38 CEST schreef John Ralls:
> What Geert meant is that our current engine code *isn't* particularly
> portable, though I think that since it compiles OK on MacOS it shouldn't
> have too much trouble with iOS either. It's a mix of C and C++ and the main
> dependencies are Boost and Gnome Glib; the XML file backend also depends on
> libxml2 and the SQL backend depends on libdbi.
>
> The public mirror for our git repository is at
> https://github.com/gnucash/gnucash. Note that the stable branch is "maint".
> Doxygen API docs are at https://code.gnucash.org/docs/MAINT.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

The devil is in the details... The engine code currently still depends on
guile as well, which is a scripting language. Doesn't Apple impose
restrictions on that ?
I currently don't have a full overview of where guile is used in the engine
code. I know the option system is heavily dependent on it, but that's
primarily used by the report system.

Regards,

Geert