[GNC-dev] OARS classification of gnucash

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Aug 22 13:00:54 EDT 2019

Gnome and Flathub use age rating data to classify applications as appropriate
or not for certain groups of users. Both are using the Open Age Rating Service
(OARS) [1] for this.

I went to the trouble of filling the questionnaire for gnucash and ended up
with this rating:

  <content_rating type="oars-1.1">
    <content_attribute id="social-info">mild</content_attribute>
  </content_rating>

"social-info" may be a bit odd, but when selecting this option, I was
considering the AlphaVantage API key which I presume can/will be used by Alpha
Vantage to track the user.

Does anyone have remarks/issues with this classification ? If so, please
share, otherwise I'll use this for the next gnucash release.

Regards,

Geert

[1] https://hughsie.github.io/oars/