[GNC-dev] Building on Windows

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Aug 24 02:28:57 EDT 2019

Op vrijdag 23 augustus 2019 22:49:12 CEST schreef Matthew Forbis via gnucash-
devel:
> I have finally had time to sit down and try again.  When libxml development
> was installed via pacman, it installed icu64 in addition to the icu61 that
> was already installed by the gnucash script.  I was able to remove icu64
> and clear out the entire build and inst directories and try again.  It
> built without errors at that point and then the first time I ran, it
> crashed.  I had to do a glib-compile-schemas in order for it to run at that
> point.  (I'm just documenting manual interactions in case the scripts
> should be updated some for others).
>
> Thanks all for your help so far.  Now onto trying to debug the chart hang
> problem.

Thanks for the feedback.

How exactly did you run gnucash ?

I think the whole windows build system is set up to create a Windows installer
for the gnucash package and run gnucash after this installer has run.

On the other hand, if simply running the glib-compile-schemas on the end
result of the build script helps you run it without invoking the Windows
installer, that's a worthwile bonus.

I *thought* we did run this while building, but a quick scan of the build
scripts suggest it's only run while bundling gnucash. I wonder why that is.
Perhaps John remembers.

Geert