[GNC-dev] Using engine API in own application

Marco Rossi marco at markreds.it
Sat Aug 24 18:15:53 EDT 2019

Hi everybody,
I’m looking for informations on how to use the engine API and include it in my own application where I need to manipulate gnucash documents (reading/writing transaction for example) but I found only old outdated infos.

I’ve downloaded the gnucash sources tree and I started to study files into the engine sub-directory but it seems to be very confusing to me.

Is there any updated documentation somewhere? Or could you suggest me any other application/project that I could study to understand how to use the GnuCash API?

Thanks in advance.

Marco