[GNC-dev] Using engine API in own application

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Aug 24 18:59:39 EDT 2019

> On Aug 24, 2019, at 3:15 PM, Marco Rossi <marco at markreds.it> wrote:
>
> Hi everybody,
> I’m looking for informations on how to use the engine API and include it in my own application where I need to manipulate gnucash documents (reading/writing transaction for example) but I found only old outdated infos.
>
> I’ve downloaded the gnucash sources tree and I started to study files into the engine sub-directory but it seems to be very confusing to me.
>
> Is there any updated documentation somewhere? Or could you suggest me any other application/project that I could study to understand how to use the GnuCash API?
>
> Thanks in advance.

The API documentation is built using Doxygen, with nightlies available at https://code.gnucash.org/docs/MAINT/. It's far from complete and is mostly of individual functions with nothing about what pieces you need to create a new application based on it.
You'll have to study the sources.

Regards,
John Ralls