[GNC-dev] Farsi translation of GnuCash

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 12:01:17 EDT 2019

Hi Hamidreza,

I just saw a few issues in your file:
There is no icon "شمایل-گنوکش" in our repository. We have only one
"gnucash-icon".

Freedesktop.org defined it in the Desktop Entry Specification as a
translatable string. I assume that happened for the rare case a project
wants to use different icons for different languages, e.g.
"app-icon-en", app-icon-fa, ...
https://specifications.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/ar01s06.html

msgid "Reconciled:R"
has a comment:
Please only translate the portion after the ':' and leave the rest
("Reconciled:") as is.

In a similar way in the
msgid's of the form "sample:<some non empty string>"
the prefix "sample:" should stay untranslated.
This samples are used to determinate the required width of columns and
input fields.

msgid "translator-credits"
would look nicer, if you would break it in several lines by inserting
"\n"s. BTW I would use the reversed historical order of the translators,
so you should come in the first line, your ancestor in line 2 ...

Regards
Frank

P.S. In the next release several layout issues for RTL written languages
will be improved.