[GNC-dev] Need help - several tests fail

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Aug 26 06:40:31 EDT 2019

Op zondag 25 augustus 2019 17:43:31 CEST schreef John Ralls:
> > On Aug 25, 2019, at 3:39 AM, Christian Gruber <christian.gruber at posteo.de>
> > wrote:>

> >> It can also be an as of yet undiscovered build dependency issue (there
> >> still are a few on maint).
> >>
> >> You didn't post any error output (or full build log) so it's hard to
> >> tell.
> >> In the build logs do you find a message logging the build of engine/test/
> >> srfi64-extras.go before you get your errors ?
> >>
> >> Geert
> >
> > I fixed the problem. It is a missing build dependency. I did only call
> > "make check" directly after generating a fresh build dir with CMake. So
> > not every dependency of the tests has been built yet, scm-srfi64-extras
> > is one of them. After calling "make all" and then "make check" again and
> > after installing missing french locale, all tests run successfully now.
> > Maybe there are even more missing dependencies, which are all built with
> > "make all".
> >
> > Is this a known issue, that the test applications are missing some
> > required dependencies in the CMakeLists.txt? I'll have a look, what is
> > actually missing and try to fix it.
> We know that the dependency tree in the CMakeLists isn't exhaustive, but
> Geert had the check target sorted last winter. The srfi64 tests were added
> after that and I guess that some dependencies got missed then. Obviously
> having a full dependency tree is more robust, especially if the source
> directory layout changes so have at it!
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

IIRC I ran into this before and fixed it on master while reorganizing the
scheme sources recently. As the file changes in that restructuring were fairly
big, I didn't attempt to backport useful bits to maint. And I can't reproduce
this particular dependency issue on master any more (just ran into a new one
though).

So it may be a maint-only issue.

Geert