[GNC-dev] Further feedback

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:40:04 EST 2019

On 5/2/19 2:37 am, Stephen M. Butler wrote:
> Column recap:
> Account -- account name as now shown.  Allow option to get the full name.
> Reconcile-Dt -- Date of most recent reconciliation for the account.
> Most likely will be today or very recent.
> Starting -- Sum of all reconciled transactions for this account prior to
> Reconcile-Dt.  AKA -- Bank Starting Balance
> Reconciled -- Sum of all reconciled transactions for this account on
> Reconcile-Dt (only those transactions just reconciled).
> Ending -- Sum of Starting and Reconciled -- AKA Bank Ending Balance.
> Outstanding -- Sum of all non-reconciled transactions for this account
> (include future dated transactions).
> Balance -- Sum of Ending and Outstanding.  Should be the account balance
> shown in the Accounts tab.

Ok I can work with the following dates:

  * Last-reconciled-date may exist for each account
  * Report-date is today.
  * Start/End Dates (from options, but we want to avoid them)

The property exist per transaction in account:

  * Reconciliation status - (n) unreconciled (c) cleared (y) reconciled

To ease understanding I've created branch maint-bugfixes-reconciling
which creates the following header, so, please check the headers and let
me know which column must be kept. It may be easier to test on a very
short datafile, max 20 transactions per account.

Illustration: https://imgur.com/a/uYNnrhS - columns as follows

  * account-full-name
  * last-reconcile-date
  * all unreconciled until last-reconcile-date
  * all unreconciled until today
  * all unreconciled & cleared until last-reconcile-date
  * all unreconciled & cleared until today
  * all reconciled until last-reconcile-date
  * all reconciled until today
  * all unreconciled & cleared & reconciled until last-reconcile-date
  * all unreconciled & cleared & reconciled until today