[GNC-dev] GnuCash 3 on Linux

Chris Good goodchris96 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 20:50:46 EST 2019

Message: 5
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2019 16:30:58 -0600 (CST)
From: David Cousens <davidcousens at bigpond.com>
To: gnucash-devel at gnucash.org
Subject: Re: [GNC-dev] GnuCash 3 on Linux

Chris,

If I save reports from GnuCash 3.4 on Linux Mint Tara (Ubuntu 18.04), the
reports are saved in
/home/<user>/.local/share/gnucash/saved-reports-2.8 and I have verified this
contains the report config which I saved.

This is where I expected to find them based on the description in
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations.

I am not sure what the 2.4 in your case and 2.8 in my case actually refer
to. The wiki says  they are related to GnuCash versions but not obviously
the version which is running.

David Cousens

Hi David,

Geert answered this 6/6/2018:

2.8, not 2.4. If not 2.8 file is found, gnucash 3 and up will search for a
saved-reports-2.4, but it will only save to saved-reports-2.8.

I haven't updated the wiki as it was recently changed to say:
	saved-reports-x.y
presumably to ensure it doesn't quickly become outdated.

Personally, I would prefer if it was more specific.

I am finally about to release my BackupGnuCash java app 1.3.0, now updated
for GnuCash 3.
As it is difficult to tell if a configuration file location has been
overridden by an environment variable somewhere, I've taken the tack of only
looking for configuration files to backup in the default locations.

Regards,
Chris Good