[GNC-dev] GnuCash 3 on Linux

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 27 14:36:57 EST 2019

On 24/02/2019 17:18, Geert Janssens wrote:
> Op zondag 24 februari 2019 17:19:09 CET schreef Wm via gnucash-devel:

> Looks like you are now lying in public... (using your own conversation style
> here).
>
> Nothing gets deleted by the migration so there can't be data loss.

We are talking well on the bug list, Geert.  What you say is untrue,
don't spoil the illusion until you know the details and truth of what
can be lost.

> If the
> migration was actually triggered all files from DOT_GNUCASH_DIR have been
> *copied* to either GNC_DATA_HOME or GNC_CONFIG_HOME. You can look up the exact
> locations per platform on https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/
> Configuration_Locations. The original files are still in DOT_GNUCASH_DIR.

The problem is all of those VARIABLES were different for each person so
we don't know where the bits and pieces of gnc have gone for everyone.

I think this is an irrevocable error.

If anyone is interested Geert and I are talking about this on the bug
list in detail.

This will, I think, turn out to be a mistake.
--
Wm