[GNC-dev] Building 3.4 on Mint 18.3

Jacob Larsen jacob at larsen.net
Wed Feb 27 18:28:51 EST 2019

Thanks, I missed the specific installation page and just tried to
install from the generic dependency page, trying to guess the actual
package names. I had missed a few, but it looks like that was not the
issue though.

Turns out that I had to switch from the nouveau graphics driver to the
proprietary driver, and now it works. So while the updated dependencies
might be required for other things, they were not actually my issue, but
it seems a broken graphics driver. Which is not broken with the stock
gnucash 2.6 that comes with Mint 19.1 Mate.

Something I probably should have seen sooner given that a complete
system freeze normally points to something in kernel space

/Jacob