[GNC-dev] Building 3.4 on Mint 18.3

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sun Feb 24 03:10:21 EST 2019

Jacob,

I build GC 3.4 on Linux Mint Tara (19) and don't see any problems with the
summary bar or status bar if I open or close them. There were a few slight
visible differences moving from gtk-2 to gtk-3 as Geert mentioned. It may
also be worth looking at the dependencies for the gtk3 library and checking
that 18.3 hasloaded the required library versions with apt. It's been over 6
months since I changed from 18.3 to 19. I vaguely remember just before I
changed to 19 that I had to build and load some libraries from source when i
was building the last v2.6 and v2.7 just before the release of 3.0.  It may
be some of the library versions required are not available in the 18.3
repository.

You can list the package dependencies with
apt-cache depends <package-name>

and
apt-cache search <string>
where <string> is the package name or a substring of it,.

may help with identifying packages  which are identified by a name and not
the actual installed library name in the apt cache. E.g. the javafx package
is actually named openjfx in the apt repository.

dpkg -l |grep <string>

helps with identifying the installed versions of packages .

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens
--