[GNC-dev] Launchpad

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Jan 3 17:24:02 EST 2019

I have a Cosmic VM handy so I tested the Disco .deb via “dpkg -i” and here was the result:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gnucash:
 gnucash depends on gnucash-common (= 1:3.4-1); however:
  Package gnucash-common is not installed.
 gnucash depends on libboost-regex1.67.0 (>= 1.67.0-10); however:
  Package libboost-regex1.67.0 is not installed.
 gnucash depends on libicu63 (>= 63.1-1~); however:
  Package libicu63 is not installed.
 gnucash depends on libpython3.7 (>= 3.7.0); however:
  Package libpython3.7 is not installed.
 gnucash depends on libfinance-quote-perl; however:
  Package libfinance-quote-perl is not installed.
 gnucash depends on libhtml-tableextract-perl; however:
  Package libhtml-tableextract-perl is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package gnucash (--install):

I did an ‘apt search’ on the missing dependencies with the following results:

gnucash-common, libicu63 (“International Components for Unicode”) and the required version of libboost-regex1.67.0 are not in Cosmic, you’ll need to download them from Disco.

gnucash-common: https://packages.ubuntu.com/disco/gnucash-common

libicu63: https://packages.ubuntu.com/disco/libicu63

libboost-regex1.67.0: https://packages.ubuntu.com/disco/libboost-regex1.67.0

Download those files, but do not install them yet.

First, install these:

sudo apt libfinance-quote-perl libhtml-tableextract-perl libpython3.7 libpython3.7-minimal libpython3.7-stdlib

(those last two are dependencies of libpython3.7 and are in Cosmic)

*adjust the following package names for your architecture:

Then install libboost-regex1.67.0:

sudo dpkg -i libboost-regex1.67.0_1.67.0-11_amd64.deb

Then install libicu63:

sudo dpkg -i libicu63_63.1-5_amd64.deb

Then instal gnucash-common:

sudo dpkg -i gnucash-common_3.4-1_all.deb

Then finally, install gnucash:

sudo dpkg -i gnucash_3.4-1_amd64.deb

------

Note that I went in reverse as I was trying to find and then install the dependencies, so at some point, I got the advice from apt to try ‘apt --fix-broken install’ which pulled in libfinance-quote-perl libhtml-tableextract-perl libpython3.7 libpython3.7-minimal libpython3.7-stdlib as the rest was already installed but not completely configured.

Now, GC still doesn’t run and I’m getting an error:

gnucash: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_date_time.so.1.58.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I recall someone encountered that in the *.deb thread, so I’ll go look there to see if there was a resolution. This file doesn’t appear to be in any ubuntu repos.

Regards,
Adrien