[GNC-dev] Launchpad

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Jan 3 17:42:10 EST 2019

I found this:

https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2019-January/081695.html

noting that the following needed to be installed:

libboost-filesystem1.65.1
libboost-date-time1.65.1
libboost-locale1.65.1
libboost-regex1.65.1

But my error was for 1.58, not 1.65 missing

I installed them anyway, with no effect on the error. (as expected)

After some investigation, it seems 1.58 was in Xenial. (this was the original OS installed in this VM and it has undergone two in-place upgrades to Bionic and now Cosmic) It seems the upgrade didn’t play nice and now my software is still looking for old versions of libraries. (or the Xenial version of GnuCash didn’t uninstall properly)

I downloaded the libboost-date-time1.58 deb but that gave me another dependency, which I downloaded and upon trying to install that, was hit with about 6 more dependencies.

I’m giving up.

Perhaps a fresh Cosmic install will play much nicer.

At this point, it would be much simpler just to build from source.

Sorry I couldn’t give you a definitive “It works!”

Regards,
Adrien