[GNC-dev] I'd like to contribute to the GnuCash project, starting with the documentation - now also development

rob.laan at chello.nl rob.laan at chello.nl
Mon Jan 7 12:28:20 EST 2019

Hi,

In addition to the message below, after investigating and testing the import business data functionality, reading the code, and registering a number of bugs, I decided to try and fix the bugs myself.
So I assigned the bugs to myself, and have started fixing them locally. I have also started updating the doxygen information in the code. And I have created new user documentation for import bills & invoices.
I am now in the process of investigating the import customers & vendors functionality, and updating documentation for the same.

It is my intention to submit patches for code and user documentation once I have completed the work on both import bills & invoices and import customers and vendors.

On my development skills, I’ve had formal development training, using Pascal and Modula 2, and used C to create an application on my Macintosh+, but that was about 30 years ago. My job was first in accounting, and later in IT (SAP).
I did development in ABAP (the SAP programming language), but that was about 20 years ago. Since then, I have often done some programming for work or fun (in Visual Basic, PHP), but never in depth.
All in all, I think I have the skills to tackle bugs in the functional domain, and the common sense to stay away from stuff I don’t understand.

Regards,

Rob Laan