[GNC-dev] [GNC] Reconciliation Report -- Can't find transactions

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Jan 12 20:02:38 EST 2019

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 18:49:05 +0800
Christopher Lam <christopher.lck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Liz
>
> Thank you for experiments - this confirms that doing a proper
> reconciliation report is *difficult*
>
> Please experiment further (1) expand dates eg from 01/01/1980 to
> 01/01/2099 (2) let me know the characteristics of the 77 missing
> amounts
> - are they unreconciled/cleared/reconciled?
>
> I guess you can build from source, would you care to try
> https://github.com/christopherlam/gnucash/tree/maint-scheme-progress-and-reconcile-header
> which will add a reconcile-report header?
>
> I'm fully aware this report is currently incomplete and will need
> further refinements. For instance IMHO the primary sortkey should be
> frozen to 'reconciled status'.
>
> I'd be keen to discuss further to shape it into a proper report.

Expanded date took a few goes with the system altering the date I typed
- I had to use the calendar to enforce my requests.
So, expanding the period into the future (01/01/2043 I got to) makes no
change.
Making the start date prior to the start of the file (01/01/1980) shows
all the transactions, as it should.

So with some experimentation
A start date up to 31/08/2018 shows reconciled and unreconciled
transactions
A start date of 01/09/2018 shows unreconciled only.
Building another package will follow.

Liz