[GNC-dev] AppImage

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Jan 15 09:45:38 EST 2019

Michael,

"Fross, Michael" <michael at fross.org> writes:

> Hello Derek,
>
> Is the goal to have a Flatpak image be part of the standard release process?
> By this I mean to say, will there be a Flatpak build released with the windows
> and mac builds upon a new release?
>
> I think that would be a great addition and help ease a lot of the build
> challenges Linux users go through with each release.
>
> Michael

The immediate goal is to have nightly builds.  The longer term goal is,
yes, to automate a flatpak build as part of the release process.  Right
now that part isn't quite automated, and indeed the tag-build script
isn't working properly (Geert is working on it).

Some of this will need to wait until I can upgrade code to a newer OS
which includes a newer flatpak-builder.  I will need to schedule some
time to perform that maintenance -- maybe during the Superbowl ;)

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745