[GNC-dev] Pie Chart

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Wed Jan 30 20:56:19 EST 2019

Took me awhile to figure out how to drill down.  Double clicking didn't
do it.  I finally noticed the small print in the upper left corner that
I eventually determined said "load".  Clicking that took me to the child
accounts of the one originally clicked.  However, there was no "unload"
to go back up a level.  Only path was deeper.

Once at the deepest account, the transaction window did open and it was
easy to close that -- but still no method to back out to the original
chart (that I could determine).

I wonder if there is something more intuitive than the small print
"load" to do a drill down.

OK.  Accidentally found the "back" option under the right click.  Only
found it because I was thinking that a double click would be a natural
go deeper signal -- so what would be a corresponding "go back" signal?
Double right click??  Tried that and found that right click did bring up
the option menu to navigate back.

So then started playing with the options on the right click.  Found that
forward worked the same as "load" but only until at the lowest account.
Had to left click and then click on "load" to get the transaction
listing.  To be consistent, the Forward menu item should also work in
that case and bring up the transaction details.

I tried the "Inspect Element" item and decided I didn't want to know
what that was about!  <<grin>>

Hmm.  Forward isn't consistent.  Only available if you have previously
gone down a level by clicking on load.

So you have to left click on the area of interest then left click on
load and only then will the Forward/Back items on the right click be
available.  That's awkward.

How about a double left click automatically goes down on the area
clicked or always allow a Forward if the user right clicks on the area.
In that case go deeper on the area on which the left click happened.  Or
allow both methods.  I'm thinking the "load" in the upper left is
cumbersome and rather not have it.

Never could figure out when the "stop" item is available.

--Steve

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com