[GNC-dev] owner-report, receivables-aging etc

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Jul 23 11:11:50 EDT 2019

Christopher Lam <christopher.lck at gmail.com> writes:

> In this case, I think there is a strong argument that credit-notes must be
> ignored in the generation of aging-table? And this would apply for customer/
> job/vendor/employee aging tables, therefore only applying payment using
> credit-note will reduce the balances? Advantage is there will be no negative
> numbers in aging table.

I would say "unattached" credit notes should be ignored.  If it's
attached as a payment then obviously it should be included.

> In any case I'd think both owner-report and aging must be consistent.

MAYBE..  But not necessarily.  The aging report is more for the
business, whereas the customer report is designed to actually be sent to
the customer.  So they might not need to be 100% consistent.  And
indeed, I would suggest the customer report should be sure to contain
ALL transactions, whereas aging can ignore certain types.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745