[GNC-dev] [GNC] UK VAT and "Making Tax Digital"

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu May 2 09:36:58 EDT 2019

Hi Christopher,

On Thursday, 2 May 2019 12:36:06 BST Christopher Lam wrote:
> Are you referring to the Multicolumn report with multiple embedded reports?
> This one would be very annoying to create CSV export from... each embedded
> report exposes its html output only.

That was the report I was thinking of, not surprised that CSV would be hard to
generate.

> The links I attached earlier (replacing transaction.scm and
> income-gst-statement.scm) would enable CSV export, exposing the headers and
> the grand-totals.

Correct, that is what I see.  but the totals are wrong because the report
can't consider the asset purchases.

> Meanwhile I'm rather more interested in generating a proper solution :-)
>
> For UK VAT I'd think the more complex requirements here would warrant a
> customised solution based on the existing VAT account structure, rather
> than to try shoehorn hacks on the existing report.

Fair enough.  I guess the GST report was written with Oz in mind and then
generalised a bit.

> If you can create a sample datafile based on the CoA as suggested by
> New-account wizard,

No problem, will take your template file and try to get that sorted over the
weekend or early next week.

thanks,
Maf.