[GNC-dev] automated tech for setup of builds + HELLO

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri May 10 08:56:24 EDT 2019

Dale,

There is no "one command" that will build all of GnuCash for three operating systems, nor is it possible to do so. The Windows build can be accomplished with two commands, one to set up the environment and another to do the build. The MacOS build takes four commands to set up and two to build. The various Linux packagers have their own build scripts tailored to their distribution's packaging requirements, and those with a Gnome inclination can easily set up a jhbuild environment for themselves.

If all of the developers were to die, building the package would be a small problem compared to new people learning the 1.5M LoC well enough to restart development.

Regards,
John Ralls