[GNC-dev] Release Schedule

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri May 24 09:58:19 EDT 2019

Op vrijdag 24 mei 2019 15:17:59 CEST schreef Robert Fewell:
> I'm OK with the first option but suggest instead of December with all the
> diversions for Christmas it be the end of January.
> Has it been decided on a minimum Gtk version for master, there are probably
> some conditional version statements that can be removed and some CSS that I
> want to change/rename.

According to repology Ubuntu 16.04 ships 3.18.9. That's one of the LTS distros
we care to support and with that probably the oldest Gtk release we have to
support.

Linux Mint has even older versions according to that same website, but they
only list Linux Mint 17.x. The linux mint website itself suggests that is no
longer supported. The oldest supported version is either 18, which is based on
Ubuntu 16.04) or 3 (based on Debian Stretch). According to the above Ubuntu
16.04 ships Gtk 3.18, Debian stretch ships 3.22.

And even Centos 7 ships Gtk 3.22 :)

So it looks our baseline for gnucash 4.x will be 3.18.
That will allow you to at least drop the conditionals for 3.12 and 3.14.

Regards,

Geert