[GNC-dev] Dependencies on Launchpad

Dale Phurrough dale at hidale.com
Sun May 26 18:24:43 EDT 2019

Gnucash 3.5 builds clean on Ubuntu 14.04 aka Trusty with the list of
packages in the Dockerfile at
https://github.com/diablodale/gnucash-dev-docker/blob/master/debian.dockerfile
You can see in it there are some logic tests to see what platform/packages
are available in the repos.
Currently I use the suggestion from the core devs to pull all the build
dependencies for gnucash 2.x (build-dep -qq gnucash). I'll change that
later to be more specific as I have done already with the CentOS and
upcoming openSUSE Dockerfile.
You can use the Dockerfile along with your own research to get the needed
packages.
Gtest and gmock are not available for Trusty. You will need to build that
yourself. The core devs write about this and you can see in the Dockerfile
that 1.8.0 is downloaded and later compiled by c/make.

If you have a specific list of packages, I would be interested to help
resolve them because I'll need to do that myself when I replace the
build-dep approach.

--Dale