[GNC-dev] Dependencies on Launchpad

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Sun May 26 17:50:19 EDT 2019

I received this response from the folks on Launchpad:

You tried building the packages for Ubuntu trusty, but several
dependencies (at least debhelper (>= 11~), googletest, locales-all) do
not exist in the standard repositories or trusty.

If you really want to build these packages for trusty, then you first
have to find a solution for these dependent packages in trusty (either
in an existing PPA, or by backporting theses packages to trusty in your
own PPA). Otherwise it is not possible to build that gnucash package for
trusty.

What suggestions do the devs have?  What is the earliest Ubuntu that has these in the standard repository or should I investigate adding them to my PPA (and then I'll have to figure out how to do that)?

--Steve

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com