[GNC-dev] Dependencies on Launchpad

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Mon May 27 14:08:24 EDT 2019

On 5/27/19 1:15 AM, Geert Janssens via gnucash-devel wrote:
> Op maandag 27 mei 2019 09:22:42 CEST schreef Colin Law:
>> I would not bother trying to build for Trusty. It went out of support
>> in April, nobody should be using it now.
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases
>>
>> Colin
> Agreed.
>
> Trusty does come with googletest, but the package is called gtest. It was not
> merged yet with the google-mock package (both of which are required for
> gnucash).
>
> I believe the real issue though is the version is too old. It's 1.6 and IIRC
> we need at least 1.7.
>
> Geert

Auch!  I had grabbed the extended service date and was thinking it was
still viable through 2022.  Looking at the various dependencies shows
that Bionic (18.04) might be the earliest Ubuntu with all the needed
modules.  I think I'll repackage for that and see how that goes.

Any feeling on how many are using the earlier versions of Ubuntu?

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com
kg7je at arrl.net