[GNC-dev] broken build dependencies within Gnucash on Windows project

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue May 28 10:06:07 EDT 2019

Dale,

Downgrading Guile isn't an option, unfortunately. Guile 2.0 has a serious design flaw reading UTF8 strings on Windows. Just be patient, I'll have the build fixed soon. I've actually settled on a solution and you can locally patch your guile-2.2.4+mingw source to get going again: Just '#ifndef __MINGW32__' the definition of mtkime() in lib/mktime.c.

A big part of the delay is that I decided yesterday to use 'make dist' to make a new tarball of guile from the patched repo instead of just tarring up the repo like I did last month. It's still grinding away 16 hours later.

Regards,
John Ralls