[GNC-dev] Translators: Re: To colon or not to colon

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 11:05:17 EST 2019

Hi Bob,

Am 04.11.19 um 12:01 schrieb Robert Fewell:
:
> So, the only other question as part of this is whether the labels should be
> left aligned or right and again there is a mix of the two in various
> dialogs.
> The page you linked to says they should be right aligned so there is the
> minimum space between the label and control but I quite like it being left.
>
> As part of the changes to use grids, I will probably need to set this so I
> just want it to be consistent and only change it once.
>
> Any thoughts, left or right aligned ?

The benefit of the right alignment: It is easily comprehensible which
label belongs to which control element. This would be harder, if you
have one long and many short labels and align them left.

Their exception is the existence of options, which depend on a
previous option, i.e. in Edit->Preferences>Scheduled Transactions
"Notify before transactions are created" is only vailable, if
"Auto-create new transactions" is enabled. I am wondering, if there is
a smarter solution.

Another question: How will the elements behave for RTL writing?

:
>> https://developer.gnome.org/hig/stable/visual-layout.html.en

Regards
Frank