[GNC-dev] owner-report, receivables-aging etc

Bruce Irving eaglebruce2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 12:29:23 EST 2019

> On Jul 19, 2019 w29d200, at 3:56 AM, Christopher Lam <christopher.lck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Wish to canvas opinion on what is considered best practice for the
> following real-data simulations, for rebuilding owner-report and
> aging-report. This illustrates current buggy behaviour.
>
> * I have a $100 customer invoice, posted- and due-dates 6 weeks ago.
> * I have a $50 credit-note to same customer, posted and due-dates are 2
> weeks ago.
>
> Intuitively the customer owes $50. But I haven't formally yet linked the
> credit-note to the invoice though. The $100 invoice is still unpaid
>
> Attachments show:
> * the Customer Report counts the $100 and $50 separately into separate
> owing date ranges.
> * the Receivables Aging report shows the CN $50 was automatically used to
> fund the $100 invoice, via FIFO (paying oldest invoice first).
>
> Which behaviour should we standardise on?
I've been using GC for several years and only started using AR this Spring.  My preference is to use it as shown by your aging report.  So far, my efforts to use a credit to pay a bill has been a dismal failure even when I make a cash payment and try to get both invoice AND credit.  I'm currently on 3.6 on Win 10.
Bruce Preach the Gospel wherever you go.  If necessary, use words.