[GNC-dev] Gnucash built from git doesn't start

Lothar Paltins lkpgcd at mailbox.org
Mon Oct 28 16:27:23 EDT 2019

Am 28.10.19 um 17:50 schrieb John Ralls:
> The second issue is caused by binreloc. That's a small shim that allows an app to run from a different <prefix> that the one it was built for and it doesn't work if everything isn't contained under <prefix>. That's why -DENABLE_BINRELOC=OFF is a suitable workaround for -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/gnucash not being able to find the environment files. Perhaps the right fix is to simply force it off if installing to /opt/*.

Thanks, John, ENABLE_BINRELOC=OFF fixes this issue. I didn't test it
before, because Geert Janssens wrote in a comment to bug 794916, that he
commited a fix for it already in gnucash 3.1. So I would only suggest to
make this really the default or to add this option to the documentation
in
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building_On_Linux#System_wide_multiuser_installation_locations
for the /opt target.

Best regards