[GNC-dev] Missing package

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 13:00:47 EDT 2019

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 11:49 AM Stephen M. Butler <kg7je at arrl.net> wrote:

> On 9/25/19 7:19 AM, Tommy Trussell wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 3:22 AM Tommy Trussell
> > <tommy.trussell at gmail.com <mailto:tommy.trussell at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     I know very little about C, but literally I believe this is saying
> >     there's an undeclared function.

> >     The specific section of that file says
> >
> >         #if AQB_HAS_RUNTIME_CONFIG
> >                 /* These two values must be set because newest bank
> >         regulation requires
> >                 the bank servers to require it. The string itself
> >         results from our
> >                 registration with the German bank association at
> >                 https://www.hbci-zka.de/register/prod_register.htm
> >         (where the
> >                 registration was requested and is managed by cstim).
> >         The function call was
> >                 introduced in aqbanking-5.99.25 and aqbanking-5.7.9. */
> >                 AB_Banking_RuntimeConfig_SetCharValue(api,
> >         "fintsRegistrationKey", "412748A1836CDD07181CE1910");
> >                 AB_Banking_RuntimeConfig_SetCharValue(api,
> >         "fintsApplicationVersionString", PACKAGE_VERSION);
> >         #endif
> >

> > Must one install aqbanking-5.99.25 or aqbanking-5.7.9 (or higher) in
> > order for GnuCash to compile (or at least to pass this CMake test)? I
> > haven't dug into that but I presume the
> > AB_Banking_RuntimeConfig_SetCharValue function must be in aqbanking code.
>
> Which package name do you have installed for AQB?  I found and installed
> libaqbanking-dev before attempting to compile.  So that must not be all
> that is needed.  Or, maybe I need a later version than on the Disco
> repository.

Sorry, I should have specified --you are treading much further along than I
am. I am very slow. I jumped to your question to give you some hints and to
show how I would investigate. I just looked in the code to find it.

Yes it seems likely that code that was new in July would not be in the
Disco repositories because they froze before April. So the trick is to make
the code available for building.