[GNC-dev] About 3.9 and reconciliation balances

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 8 21:33:00 EDT 2020

A previous reconciliation on 31/12/2018 had had the statement date entered as
31/12/20 rather than 31/12/2018 which causes the entered date to be read as
31/12/2020 into GnuCash.  I checked the entered dates on all transactions
which had 2020-12-31 as the recociliation date verified these were all
splits to the account I had been trying to reconcile and that the entered
dates were consistent with a reconciliation statement end date of 2018-12-31
for a reconciliation carried out on 15/01/2019.

Editing the XML data file and changing all reconciliation dates set at
2020-12-31 to 2018-12-31

The account now reconciles with the correct starting balance.

David

-----
David Cousens
--