[GNC-dev] Documentation flow; was: About 3.9 and reconciliation balances

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 22:13:15 EDT 2020

Hi David,

starting from the accessability, I think the practial persistence is as
follows:
IRC < email < wiki:FAQ < wiki:theme_page < docs

Examples:
Geert or John explain me something in IRC and I am pretty sure I will
need it next year again, I copy it in a page below
Project_Administration, Coding_Style, or wherever it belongs.

Sometimes I am tired to explain the same content on the mailing list (or
IRC) again and again. If a page for the theme exists in the wiki, I
update the page, else add a section to the FAQ.

>From time to time one can go through the wiki and move te content of
related questions into a thematic page, replacing the FAQ content by links.

I think also, the wike is a good place for cooperative developemet of
articlesd.

Finally this thematic pages should become incorporated in the docs.

The program should not require an internet connection, so links to the
wiki are not nice. Most users get the docs together with the program
installed.

Frank

:
: