[GNC-dev] About 3.9 and reconciliation balances

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Apr 17 10:40:59 EDT 2020

I concur.

It is not unusual for a transaction to be made in one period and clear in the next, even in modern times. This is highly probable with issuing a paper check. Lower date bounds are going to be a problem.

While I don’t think there is much case (though one user reported so) for a future date (beyond ’today’) there is a case for including a transaction dated past the statement date.

If you need to enter a balancing or correcting transaction some users may prefer the date of that transaction be the day it was made, not ‘as of the closing date’. Sticklers for using correcting transactions (as opposed to editing transactions) are likely to prefer such dating. This date can very likely be more than ’closing +1’.

Regards,
Adrien