[GNC-dev] Fwd: Testing python

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sun Apr 26 14:21:52 EDT 2020

Op zondag 26 april 2020 16:57:49 CEST schreef Andy Goblins:
> Mark, I do not get any of the errors you get when running with '--debug
> --test' - the python test stuff runs fine for me: it says, "Hello from
> python!" and then prints a bunch of tests.
> So I did some more playing, and discovered:
> 1. If I run 'ninja install' the installed version loads the libraries
> correctly.
> 2. If I re-build gnucash with a build location of
> /gnucash-git/build instead of /some/other/place/build the libraries load
> correctly.

Did you uninstall the result of "ninja install" before running the second test ?

Also did you follow Rob Gowin's suggestion about using a space instead of a semicolon when
setting GNC_UNINSTALLED=1 ?

> I'm guessing that most people keep their 'build' directory in the root of
> the git repository rather than in a different folder, and there must be
> some hard-coded references to this that messes up builds in alternative
> directories.

I always build outside of the git repository. But to be honest I haven't tried the python bindings
in a while. I'll try myself in the next few days and see what happens.

Regards,

Geert