[GNC-dev] Build Fail for GC 4.1 on Linux MInt 20

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Aug 2 23:40:11 EDT 2020

David,

The problem is very likely that Mint uses MySQL and MySQL-8 has dropped the C connector. Libdbi-drivers is no longer being maintained so there's no way to use the C++ connector that MySQL has replaced it with. Your best bet for now is probably to change to a distro that uses MariaDB as that appears to be unaffected for now.

Regards,
John Ralls