[GNC-dev] Build Fail for GC 4.1 on Linux MInt 20

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Mon Aug 3 09:16:52 EDT 2020

Hi John,
I didn't have either Mysql-8.0 or Mariadb-10.3 installed, either client or server at the time. Another user Mark
reported having built 4.1 from the maint branch without any problem. I also tried going back and rebuilding 3.905 and
3.10 and had the same problem. I am trying installing both mysql-80 and mariaDB (both are available on LM 20) to see if
something in the install there fixes it. Cmake doesn't throw up anything in the testing apart from gettext being
0.19.8.1 rather than 0.20. It may be something else which was previously in the default setup for LM 19 that was no
longer part of 20.  GC v4.0 is the default distro install and it runs fine.
David

--
Dr David R Cousens
B.Sc, M.Prof. Acc., Ph.D., G.C.Ed