[GNC-dev] Fwd: [GNC] Failed - import of QIF files from Quicken

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Feb 18 02:48:14 EST 2020

Hi Tom,

We don't need your complete financial history, just the bit that causes the import to fail. Or even
'a' bit that fails.

So if you can create a small Qif file that illustrates the failure that would help already. Perhaps
you're able to generate that by a process of elimination ? For example you could start by
exporting each category in Quicken to a separate qif file and then test which one fail(s) to
import. For each one, that fails, redo the export, this time exporting half of the transactions to
one file and the other half to another. Continue to reduce the number of exported transactions
until you're either down to only one failing transaction or there are no more errors.

In case of one failing transaction, you can then tweak the qif file to anonymize it (and retest if
the anonymized file continues to error out on import) and share it with us.

Regards,

Geert