[GNC-dev] Build on MacOS

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Feb 28 21:16:08 EST 2020

> On Feb 28, 2020, at 2:15 PM, Jean Laroche <ripngo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
> I'm trying to build on MacOS (macbook pro, High Sierra, 10.13.4).
> Setting up the build was *not* easy, I had to deal with many issues during the jhbuild build phase (I kept notes so if it's interesting to someone I could list all the issues, and what I had to do to fix them).
>
> My question, though is this:
>
> Immediately upon starting to build gnucash-git (maint) I get this error:
> CMake Error at common/test-core/CMakeLists.txt:43 (add_library):
>  Cannot find source file:
>
> /Users/gnucash/gnucash-stable/src/gnucash-git/common/test-core/swig-unittest-support-guile.c
>
> Indeed, the file is nowhere to be found.
>

> Is this related to something I see during the build:
> *** Building googletest *** [63/71]
> ninja
> ninja: no work to do.
>
> This ^^ is puzzling to me, nothing is getting built.

I'd be interested in seeing your notes.

swig-unittest-support-guile.c is a built file so it will be in your build directory, not your source directory. If they're the same, don't do that. Cmake doesn't like it.

There's nothing to do because googletest recommends compiling googletest sources as part of the project-being-tested build, but jhbuild doesn't know how to just install the sources so it insists on running ninja.

Regards,
John Ralls