[GNC-dev] Enabling github branch protection rules? Re: [Gnucash/gnucash] po/de.po: fix translation bug (#627)

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Thu Jan 2 16:11:07 EST 2020

Dear developers,

yesterday I accidentally used the web interface of github to merge a pull
request, but we don't want this, because the merge (or any other commit) on
github is going to be overwritten by the next push from code.gnucash.org.

I was wondering whether we could enable the github "Protect matching branches"
rules
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/settings/branch_protection_rules/new
There's a rule "Restrict who can push to matching branches", which we could
restrict to the user that pushes from code.gnucash.org. This should prevent
any such accidental merges from github's web interface, shouldn't it? However,
this needs to be enabled by somebody who immediately can check that the push
from code still works. Anybody there care to take a look? Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Christian