[GNC-dev] Dev's features of choice?

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 16:54:31 EDT 2020

Hi Jean,

Am 26.07.20 um 19:57 schrieb jean laroche:
> I'm curious about something:
> If you're a GC dev, contributing code to the project, what's the
> feature(s) you'd like to see added to GC?
> I'm only contributing a bit, but I'll offer my 3 top wishes:
> - Undo/(redo)
> - Multi-transaction (bulk) editing
> - Multi-account (bulk) editing

All three are violations of strict accounting rules. We often talk about
"In the times of ink and paper", not graphite (pencils). Some
governments require the immutabiity of once written records.

So I see at least a better auditing system as a requirement before your
suggestions. The current logging would need a review. It should cover
all changes, not only simple transactions. ISTR business actions and
structural changes are not recorded.

> I'm curious specifically about devs because they typically have a
> different perspective on the project than users have.
> Jean

About the future I almost agree with Johns suggestions.

Regards
Frank