[GNC-dev] Dev's features of choice?

jean laroche ripngo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 17:49:47 EDT 2020

On 7/26/2020 1:54 PM, Frank H. Ellenberger wrote:
> Hi Jean,
>
> Am 26.07.20 um 19:57 schrieb jean laroche:
>> I'm curious about something:
>> If you're a GC dev, contributing code to the project, what's the
>> feature(s) you'd like to see added to GC?
>> I'm only contributing a bit, but I'll offer my 3 top wishes:
>> - Undo/(redo)
>> - Multi-transaction (bulk) editing
>> - Multi-account (bulk) editing
> All three are violations of strict accounting rules. We often talk about
> "In the times of ink and paper", not graphite (pencils). Some
> governments require the immutabiity of once written records.
I see a disconnect here. Some of us (John in particular) insist that GC
is not a system for professionals, only for personal finance.
Yet, I always hear about accounting rules, and the way it should be done
by the book. If GC is really for the personal user, I don't understand
how we can survive without undo/redo, and multi-select. *every* piece of
software out there has these types of features, and they're invaluable.
J.