[GNC-dev] Patelco stopped supporting OFX... other options

jean laroche ripngo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 11:54:40 EDT 2020

On 6/18/2020 8:49 AM, Fross, Michael wrote:
> Thanks Jean for this...might be a great resource for all of us.  It
> would be nice to not have to leverage a webserver on the client side
> and just call the API.  Is that possible?  Might be a lot simpler.
> Then the only real task is converting to OFX or CSV.
>
> Michael

mmm, I'm not sure what you mean by "leverage a webserver on the client
side". The web server is only there to obtain the access token, and I
think you only do that once (per bank).

Once you have your access tokens, you only need to make calls to the
API, so a tiny python app will do that easily, and converting to an OFX
output is quite easy (there's python support for creating OFX files
etc). I intend on writing that today or tomorrow and see whether the
full workflow works as expected.
J.