[GNC-dev] Patelco stopped supporting OFX... other options

Liz Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Sun Jun 21 02:16:12 EDT 2020

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 05:33:11 +0000
Christopher Lam <christopher.lck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you saying that SISS isn't compliant with OAIC's APP? Very
> interesting, and not surprising...
> I've noticed lots of discrepancies in Australian law and practice.
> e.g. many forms in use have PDF forms with PDF's signatures, but the
> recipient expect nothing other than print+sign+scan+unencrypted email
> PDF/JPG.

I'm not an expert, but it doesn't seem consistent with standard
security and privacy online.
Again, with Australian banks, its usually not "buyer beware" but
"depositor and borrower beware".

What I was finding implied that there was no useful way for Gnucash to
deal with banks (in AU) if they change to WebConnect only for
downloading transactions.

It does smell like a privately run version of the UK's Making Tax
Difficult - sorry Digital
that is a set of tools which are intended to be closed source only.

Liz